Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export Import Problem
Export Import Problem [message #68954] Wed, 03 October 2001 07:29 Go to next message
Abu
Description:

In ORACLE 8i, We have tables having nested tables and Types in an user named EGM. We want to export the Types,Tables and their data and import the same into another user say "EGM1 in the same schema".

Error :

While doing import we encounter the following error:
Object Already Exists.The log file shows the following...

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 2304 encountered
ORA-02304: invalid object identifier literal
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 2304:
"CREATE TYPE "EGM_CONCAT_FIELD_INFO" TIMESTAMP '2001-08-22:15:18:32' OID 'C5"
"529EE280F611D5ABCB00D0B79FF778' "
" AS OBJECT("

We understood the cause from the above as:

The Oracle8 server assigns object identifiers to uniquely identify object types, object tables, and rows in object tables. These object identifiers are preserved by import and while exporting it matches the Object Type as well as Object identifier.
So it says "Invalid Identifier-->Object in use."

After this we have added the FROMUSER ,TOUSER stuff also.

Kindly suggest us an workaround for this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Export Import Problem [message #68957 is a reply to message #68954] Thu, 04 October 2001 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraboy
Seems like the schema in which you are importing already has the object type created. (while import again tried to recreate the object )

to overcome this, you can consider either of this ..

a) if you want to overwrite existing objects (of EGM1) then you can drop all his objects and then import

b) if you want to retain EGM1's objects as it is, then in your import parameter file you should say IGNORE=Y
(which will override such errors if encountered)

hope this works

regards
oraboy
Email: venkat_jobmails@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Export Import Problem [message #71213 is a reply to message #68957] Wed, 25 September 2002 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kerem Yuceturk
I have the same problem and saying IGNORE doesn't solve it. imp says that it can't create the table that includes the object because the object doesn't exist. Neither does dropping all objects.

I'd be grateful if anyone could suggest a solution.

kk
Re: Export Import Problem [message #72005 is a reply to message #71213] Wed, 19 February 2003 09:49 Go to previous message
Olivier Jolly
hi,
I also face the very same problem. And to try to explain it more, it seems that OID aren't shared in Oracle logical memory. That's to say that when you're reimporting data using another user, if the export specified the _exact_ oid the type, or whatever, had to have, it will conflict with the original type still available at this oid.
The problem might be solved if :
- Export wouldn't force the oid to be set at a given value
- OID would be 'local' per user

Both would certainly require big deals of redesign in the dbms (as references are using oid, they would be invalidated by importing/exporting a database which doesn't keep the exact oid [[or they'd have to provide an internal symbolism for references which would get expanded at import time to refer correct rows]] and 'local' oid is probably a big problem in terms of speed and such ...)

The better way to do this would be to have an option at export time to turn exact oid off. Or the trick which consist in importing the index file first (with index=Y), alter this file by removing oid references, run it with sqlplus or whatever and reimport fully by ignoring existing objects (as we created the structure with the index file) but it's not sure to work well.

Just my 2 cents, I'm far from knowing dbms well ...
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol adaptor error while running SVRMGRL
Next Topic: Import Error !!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:03:49 CDT 2024