Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » What is the best tool to export data from an Oracle database into a SQL database?
What is the best tool to export data from an Oracle database into a SQL database? [message #68988] Wed, 10 October 2001 06:47 Go to next message
Suzanne
Hello,
Can someone tell me, what is the best tool/method to
export data from an Oracle based database into a SQL database?
Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Suzanne

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: What is the best tool to export data from an Oracle database into a SQL database? [message #68989 is a reply to message #68988] Wed, 10 October 2001 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chella
Hi,

I use the SPOOL command to export Oracle data to Excel. You can investigate more according to your requirements. HTH

Chella

Re: What is the best tool to export data from an Oracle database into a SQL database? [message #69000 is a reply to message #68988] Fri, 12 October 2001 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas
Hi there Suzanne.

It depends on how much data we are talking about.
If there is not to much data a nice way is to set up an Transparent gateway and link tables then just do a insert into sql.table select * from oracle.table. I haven't tried this but i think it should work.

Re: What is the best tool to export data from an Oracle database into a SQL database? [message #69287 is a reply to message #68988] Tue, 04 December 2001 05:15 Go to previous message
SunilK
I've used SQL Servers data transformation stuff it works pretty well

Previous Topic: Re: How to exporting DB oracle to SQl server ..
Next Topic: update data using sql loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:23:58 CDT 2024