Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Multiple Oracle installations on single NT machine
Multiple Oracle installations on single NT machine [message #69211] Wed, 21 November 2001 09:26 Go to next message
Don Tipton
We would like to create separate development and test environments on the same NT machine. We plan on installing oracle 8.1.7 into two separate Oracle homes and creating individual databases for each inatallation. This SHOULD allow us to apply patches and upgrades to one "environment" without effecting the executables of the other installation. Is anyone else running this type of configuration? Any know problems with this type of set up? Any patches or Oracle 8.1.7 products that are not multi-home compatible?

Thanks,
Don Tipton

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Multiple Oracle installations on single NT machine [message #69232 is a reply to message #69211] Mon, 26 November 2001 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suresh Vemulapalli
you can have multiple oracle homes on one machine.
but i dont think you need multiple oracle homes for this situation. you can have separate databases ( with different SID) one single machine. create separate databases for test and development.

Re: Multiple Oracle installations on single NT machine [message #69251 is a reply to message #69211] Thu, 29 November 2001 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arindam Malakar
Dear Sir,

I would like to create separate development and test environments on the same HP-Unix machine.I planned to install the seperate datbases with different SID using the same Oracle_Home.I am using Oracle 7.1.Can anyone suggest me about the brief steps,to be followed to do this???

I am waiting for the eariest reply.

With regards,

Arindam Malakar.

Re: Multiple Oracle installations on single NT machine [message #70168 is a reply to message #69211] Wed, 24 April 2002 03:43 Go to previous message
Ansarijee
pls send some information Host stings
Previous Topic: How Can I read tablespace from Oracle 8.0.5 ??
Next Topic: import/export from higher version to lower version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:36:50 CDT 2024