Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Oracle utilities for exporting data.
Oracle utilities for exporting data. [message #69342] Tue, 11 December 2001 23:02 Go to next message
Joserra
Hi there:
Yesterday I asked about the posibility of exporting the data from a Oracle Database to file through a Visual Basic program.
It seems that the easiest way to do it is to use a ADO and get the data in our VB program and then write it in a file.
The point is that, to get just a text file with all the rows is not enough. The idea is to get, somehow , somekind of file ( like access has ".mdb"), so that if I want to send it through mail to a person who has an ORACLE database he could use those files.
Somebody told me that this could be done through "an oracle tool". Probably this is related to backups. But I'm not sure, and if it was so, I've got no idea about how to ask Oracle to do this back up.And I've got no Idea either about how to ask it from a Visual Basic program.
Thanks everybody for your colaboration.
joserra

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle utilities for exporting data. [message #69350 is a reply to message #69342] Thu, 13 December 2001 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bala
Hi

If you want to send/xfer data from your local
oracle database to a remote oracle database in a timely manner.
There are other simple methods available,
you dont need to use VB or anyother programing tools to do that. Oracle itself has several utilities and GUI tools to achieve this.

You can export oracle table into a binary dump file using oracle export utility
example syntax for that would be
(from the command prompt you can run this)

C:> exp userid/pw@db1 tables=(table1, table2) file=C:/export files/tables.dmp

You can even put this command in a .bat file and schedule it using NT scheduler or similler windows scheduling tools.

then you can email the dump file to the other party. And they can just import it back to their
oracle database. But there are some version rules exists to use export/import..please go thru oracle docs before doing this...

Other than this
1. you can link(db-link) these two database over network and just transffer data.

2. Using transportable tablespaces you can unhook it from your local database and hook it to remote database(both the dbs should be of same oracle version, 8.1.* and above, for this)

Bala.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Oracle utilities for exporting data. [message #70126 is a reply to message #69342] Wed, 17 April 2002 21:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ravi Kumar Devarakonda
hi

i am developing a package in vb and oracle i want to do backup of database through front end
any suggestions

thanks in advance
bye
Re: Oracle utilities for exporting data. [message #72082 is a reply to message #69350] Tue, 04 March 2003 23:52 Go to previous message
Doan Tien Jung
I need file *.dmp to *.dbf or *.txt. You can help me.
Thanks alot
Previous Topic: loading up to 500 records with core dump error
Next Topic: Error on ODCIINDEXCREATE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:59:36 CDT 2024