Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQLPlus Username and Password
SQLPlus Username and Password [message #69699] Wed, 20 February 2002 00:34 Go to next message
Saghir
Hi

Hope you are doing well. I want to run SQLPlus Script at midnight to prepare some reports on daily basis which I have to do manually currently. I can automate this easily. My problem is that I have to write SQLPlus Username and Password in clear text in the script. That is my problem.

Is there a way to start SQLPlus from OS level without password or with encrypted Password.

Is it possible to automate some SQL script at database level so that I can skip SQLPlus.

Remember I am using Oracle 7.

An early response will be highly appreciated

Bye

Saghir
Re: SQLPlus Username and Password [message #69709 is a reply to message #69699] Sat, 23 February 2002 00:08 Go to previous message
Manjunath
Mr. Saghir,
In this case u can do one thing. Please have a seed file based on which password needs to be generated. For this u can have ur own code which will generate the password and based on that it will connect to database.

Regards,
Manjunath (INFOSYS)
Previous Topic: sqlldr varchar2(800)
Next Topic: Re: Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:24:27 CDT 2024