Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » growth of initial Extents during export/import
growth of initial Extents during export/import [message #69716] Mon, 25 February 2002 04:50 Go to next message
Frank van Heertum
We have the problem that Initial extents and next grow without any reason.
Because we have this problem we running out of tablespace when import it.
We have oracle 816 on AIX and compress=n because that is the answer from Oracle but that doesn't help we figured that out our selfs.
Re: growth of initial Extents during export/import [message #69717 is a reply to message #69716] Mon, 25 February 2002 05:32 Go to previous message
Grant
This is a very big subject and hard to grasp. First make sure you understand NEXT and PERCENT INCREASE on tables and indexes. I am not sure what you are trying to do but I will attempt to give some info that might help. If you are not using partitioned tables I would say export with COMPRESS=Y. This will cause the import to put the whole table in one extent Another option would be to precreate the table with a large (good estimate of actual size) INITIAL EXTENT. If your indexes are in the same tablespace you will have to size them correctly also. If you do not give sizes then it will use the value of the tablespace settings. You may want to coalesce the tablespace before import.

There are so many factors in sizing objects in Oracle. I would suggest you read up on the subject.
Previous Topic: sqlloader problem
Next Topic: Error 997 in Oracle8 Enterprise Edition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:32:27 CDT 2024