Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » redologs don't get modified
redologs don't get modified [message #69826] Tue, 12 March 2002 01:36 Go to next message
krishna
My database's name is sydney. My OS is Windows2000 Professional.
By definition, the redo log is a set of operating system files that record all changes made to any database buffer, including data, index, and rollback segments, whether the changes are committed or uncommitted.
Such being the case, suppose i insert a row of records into the emp table. Now there must have been a change to the redo logs, right? But when I go to the D:Oracleoradatasydney and select any of the three redo log files there, the last modified date (that comes at the far left in Windows 2000) doesn't match the time that i inserted the record. Can u explain why this is happening?
Re: redologs don't get modified [message #69830 is a reply to message #69826] Tue, 12 March 2002 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
Oracle database will start to switch redo log file when Log Switch is happened. This Log Switch will happen when these condition are happened :
- Timeout.
- 1/3 has filled out.
- Checkpoint is happend.
- Commit(no nesecery happen - if i don't mistaken)

You have to make sure the Log Switch is happended or force it to happen.

ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;

Hope this is hepling.
Re: redologs don't get modified [message #69832 is a reply to message #69830] Tue, 12 March 2002 16:04 Go to previous message
seng
Check this view for most current Online Redo Log File

Dictionary
v$log - Get the status of redo log file.
v$logfile - Redo log file information.
v$loghist - history of redo log file
Previous Topic: invalid header
Next Topic: FREE OCP PAPERS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:33:42 CDT 2024