Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Can't start SQL*plus
Can't start SQL*plus [message #69962] Sat, 23 March 2002 01:20 Go to next message
Iskan
Hi!!!
I've installed oracle9i on Linux Suse7.2
installed orarun9i.rpm from SUSE.de
but when I've type sqlplus scott/tiger it say
Error: Oracle not available
something about shared memory
Re: Can't start SQL*plus [message #69970 is a reply to message #69962] Mon, 25 March 2002 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cindy
Recently, we had the same problem when we upgraded our system. We discovered that the system was looking for the new sqlplus, but could not find it, because the ORACLE_HOME path was still pointing to old database version. After we modified the ORACLE_HOME path, the problem was resolved. My advice is check your environment setting to verify it is pointing to correct place.

Hope this help.
-- Cindy
Re: Can't start SQL*plus [message #69983 is a reply to message #69962] Tue, 26 March 2002 11:30 Go to previous message
Paul Antony
Make sure your database is started by using "svrmgrl". Before that make sure you set your ORACLE_SID environment variable to the correct database name. User "lsnrctl status" and make sure there are services for that database. Use tnsping and service name and check the service. If you have done a successful installation, after all these you can use sqlplus to connect. Otherwise there should hav ebeen some linking problems with your installation. Check your installation log file in Orainventory/log.
Paul
Previous Topic: Importing an Acess Database into Oracle 8.1.5
Next Topic: Help! Oracle Installation information
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:55:00 CDT 2024