Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Export DB structure to small disk
Export DB structure to small disk [message #70024] Wed, 03 April 2002 20:45 Go to next message
Jaco
Hi

I want to know if there is anyone out there who have any idea on how to do this :
I want to make a "copy" of a BIG database, but only the structure(tables,indexes,triggers,constraints...) WITHOUT the data. The thing is when you do an export of a database the extent sizes are way too big for the disk where we want to import the dump file. I only want the structure and some extents are bigger than 200MB when we don't need to have it that big.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks, Jaco
Re: Export DB structure to small disk [message #70032 is a reply to message #70024] Thu, 04 April 2002 05:04 Go to previous message
Grant
There is a free DBA tool called DataBee DBATool. You would do an export with ROWS=N. Then load the export into DataBee and it will generate all your DDL scripts for you. Then you would go into the created scripts and modify the storage clauses for your tables and precreate them in the target DB. Once they have been created you can import the schema with an export using ROWS=Y IGNORE=Y.

http://www.databee.com/
Previous Topic: Export/Import
Next Topic: IMPORT Failing because its referencing a tablespace for BLOBS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:03:55 CDT 2024