Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » IMPORT Failing because its referencing a tablespace for BLOBS
IMPORT Failing because its referencing a tablespace for BLOBS [message #70031] Thu, 04 April 2002 04:57 Go to next message
Mike Oakes
Hello,
When doing an import for a particular user the import is failing for all tables that have a BLOB column in the table. I export the table as user A tablespace A and import as user B tablespace B. All tables load fine except for tables with BLOBS. I get the message Tablespace A doesn't exist.

Is there a way I can change the tablespace or reference it with the import. I don't know why its hard coded.

Thanks for your help
Mike O.
Re: IMPORT Failing because its referencing a tablespace for BLOBS [message #70033 is a reply to message #70031] Thu, 04 April 2002 05:15 Go to previous message
Grant
I fixed this by doing the folowing:

On the source:
exp system/manager parfile=exp_full.par file=exp_full.dmp log=exp_full.log

Contents of exp_full.par:
BUFFER=64000
COMPRESS=Y
GRANTS=Y
FULL=Y
INDEXES=Y
CONSISTENT=Y

On the Target:
imp system/manager file=exp_full.dmp log=imp_user.log parfile=imp_user.par fromuser=SOURCE_SCHEMA touser=TARGET_SCHEMA

Contents of imp_user.par:
BUFFER=64000
GRANTS=Y
INDEXES=Y
IGNORE=Y
ROWS=Y

For some reason you need a full export on the source. Haven't found anything on it and I stumbled on this by just trying it. Hope it works for you.
Previous Topic: Export DB structure to small disk
Next Topic: Listener does not start after reboot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:29:01 CDT 2024