Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » unable to load CLOB data into a table using sql loader
unable to load CLOB data into a table using sql loader [message #70050] Sat, 06 April 2002 00:28 Go to next message
satyajit patra
I have declared 1 column in my table as CLOB datatype to get character data of more than 4000 bytes. but everytime when i try to insert data into the table using sql loader it is loading only fixed no of characters for all the rows inserted ie it takes only first 80-90 characters for all the records. The remaining data is not loaded. this is true even when i try to load character data less than 4000 bytes. i also tried to insert the records one by one using sql's insert statement but with the same result. Will someone help me out??
Re: unable to load CLOB data into a table using sql loader [message #71189 is a reply to message #70050] Sun, 22 September 2002 21:26 Go to previous message
archie
you can use something like the below. this is for a tab-delimited file with the clob being the last field, enclosed by [] and [[/clob]] you can use other delimiters to your hearts content. (i actually use xml-ish tags but when i try to post them they get stripped out)

this one has a max char length of 60,000. not sure what the highest you can go up to is.

LOAD DATA
APPEND
INTO TABLE CUTE_LITTLE_TABLE
FIELDS TERMINATED BY X'09'
TRAILING NULLCOLS
(
SOME_NON_CLOB_FIELD,
MY_LITTLE_CLOB_FIELD CHAR(60000) ENCLOSED BY "[]" AND "[[/clob]]"
)
Previous Topic: How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet???
Next Topic: Analyze Help required!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:47:17 CDT 2024