Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2
Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #70113] Mon, 15 April 2002 22:51 Go to next message
Eddy Pagotto
Hi,
during the installation, when I press the NEXT button in the "Database Identification" section, the installation doesn't continue. In the error log file oraInstall.err there's the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/ewt/scrolling/scrollBox/EwtLWScrollbar$Updater
at oracle.ewt.scrolling.scrollBox.EwtLWScrollbar.setValues(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWScrollbar.setMaximum(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent._configureAdjustable(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent._configureHAdjustable(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.EwtComponent.setCanvasSize(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTree.itemsAdded(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItems(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItem(Unknown Source)
at oracle.ewt.dTree.DTreeSimpleParent.addItem(Unknown Source)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.addGlobalInfos(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:566)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.populateTree(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:295)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifp.OiifpSummaryPanel.init(OiifpSummaryPanel.java:279)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifw.OiifwSummaryWCDE.setDialogProperties(OiifwSummaryWCDE.java:164)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbWizChainDlgElem.doOperation(OiifbWizChainDlgElem.java:474)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate(OiifbLinearIterator.java:116)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallSession$OiicSelCompsInstall.doOperation(OiicInstallSession.java:689)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbCondIterator.iterate(OiifbCondIterator.java:140)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicPullSession.doOperation(OiicPullSession.java:511)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicSessionWrapper.doOperation(OiicSessionWrapper.java:111)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiif.oiifb.OiifbLinearIterator.iterate(OiifbLinearIterator.java:116)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.run(OiicInstaller.java:307)
at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstaller.main(OiicInstaller.java:468)

But under /tmp/ORACLE/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/1.7.1.8.0./1/DataFiles/Expanded/lib there's the ewt.jar file! And it contains all the needed classes!
Can you help me?
Thanks,

Eddy
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #70116 is a reply to message #70113] Tue, 16 April 2002 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Radek
How did you start installer? You have to run runInstaller from root of oracle installation. In your case something like:
cd /tmp/ORACLE
./runInstaller

Radek
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #70122 is a reply to message #70116] Wed, 17 April 2002 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eddy Pagotto
I did, but it doesn't work. I also tried to install it from the home directory of the Oracle user.
Re: Java error installing Oracle 8.1.7 EE on Suse 7.2 [message #70127 is a reply to message #70122] Thu, 18 April 2002 00:28 Go to previous message
Eddy Pagotto
I already set JAVA_HOME and CLASSPATH variables.
Nothing to do. I also tried to compile and execute a small java program and it works!
So I extracted all classes from the ewt.jar package into the LIB directory of JDK, I modified my program importing oracle.ewt.scrolling.* and it works, it doesn't make any exception!
Very very strange!
I'm thinking to try again with Red Hat 7.0, but I don't want to surrender! It's unbelievable that it gives me that error!
Thanks for your replies!

Eddy

P.S. I didn't see your e-mail address, if you want you can reply to my personal address above.
Previous Topic: Mechanism followed by imp utility
Next Topic: Export problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:40:20 CDT 2024