Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » unable to find make utility in location /usr/ccs/bin/make
unable to find make utility in location /usr/ccs/bin/make [message #70206] Fri, 03 May 2002 06:22 Go to next message
meena
Hi All,

During installaion of 8.1.7 on solaris, I got the error message: "unable to find make utility in location /usr/ccs/bin/make". I found from the metalink page that this was probably because make utility was not installed at the OS level (I checked this with 'which make'). This could not be rectified immedielty, so I chose to ignore the error and proceed with the installation.
The installation was complete, but with exceptions (which I found in the install log files).

My question is, once the make utility is installed at the OS level, is there a way to rectify the exceptions in oracle installations, or do I have to uninstall oracle and reinstall it from the start?

I'm a newbie to database administration. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Meena
Re: unable to find make utility in location /usr/ccs/bin/make [message #70207 is a reply to message #70206] Fri, 03 May 2002 06:39 Go to previous message
Grant
There is a script in $ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink that will link it for you. You can try that. This is an ascii file so vi it so you will have an idea on what it does. If that doesn't work don't do an uninstall just remove the $ORACLE_HOME directory and delete and/or rename /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc and reinstall.
Previous Topic: Hot backup in Windows 2000
Next Topic: 9i-dbassist?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:33:30 CDT 2024