Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet???
How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet??? [message #70370] Tue, 04 June 2002 10:03 Go to next message
Anil
Hi,

I am having oracle7.3 running on HP-Unix10.20 and want to access the tables to my windows98 machine. They are connected to network. So, how to access the tables??

Thank You,
Raj.
Re: How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet??? [message #70388 is a reply to message #70370] Thu, 06 June 2002 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
Either do some program with ODBC or using SQL Loader(convert excelsheet to text format before dump in with SQL Loader). Hope this is helping
Re: How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet??? [message #70394 is a reply to message #70370] Fri, 07 June 2002 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anil
Hi,
Thankyou for the reply.
I have one more question to ask you. I really did not understand what you mean with "program with ODBC"?? And if I make excel file to .txt file, i mean if i change it directly the extension of the file from .xls to .txt then does it work?
And finally, if i want to use oracle tables into excel what i have to do??? I am trying for this option also. I created a table in oracle through sql, now i want to use that table in excel, what step to be adopted?? Please make them step by step procedure.

Thank You,
Raj.
Re: How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet??? [message #70407 is a reply to message #70370] Mon, 10 June 2002 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
"Program with ODBC" means to develop a program with using ODBC link to Oracle database.

I have tested with text file and chance to xls. It is able read by excel, the important thing is the format of file between txt and xls.

I don't think you can create a table in excel. Only access can have table,sql, like rdbms (single user).
Hope this is helping.
Re: How to access oracle tables from excel worksheet??? [message #71188 is a reply to message #70370] Sun, 22 September 2002 21:00 Go to previous message
ruwan
I'm Tring to get the web shot, throught servlet and sql query from excel worksheet.
So 80% from the job i have finshed (usinf ODBC ). so what I want to know is every oracle function and keyword can be user there.(In this case my databese is excel worksheet).
or
how could i create a oracle table dynamicaly.(run time)
or.
give me better solution to finsh this.
Previous Topic: Re: import/export issue
Next Topic: unable to load CLOB data into a table using sql loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:19:31 CDT 2024