Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » need to maintain consistency of data
need to maintain consistency of data [message #70497] Sun, 23 June 2002 20:07 Go to next message
Raj
Hi,

Please suggest me a solution.

I have two oracle database running on different machines. My applications runs on those two machine.Each of the application dumps data in to the Database of that machine. the data will be same(one of the machine is for back-up).

Suppose if one the machine goes down, there wont be consitency of data in the two machines.

How to maintain consistent data between the two databases?ie, i want to put the data that was not dumped when the machine went down(using the data from the running machine)

I can use Import/Export. But it backs up the entire table.Is there a way to export last 2 days data,instead of exporting the entire table.

Is there any other solution to maintain consitency of data.
Re: need to maintain consistency of data [message #70499 is a reply to message #70497] Sun, 23 June 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
Yes, the export/import is able to do last 2 days. Please check the document to teach you this method.
Oracle has few methods to have standby or backup database.
- Replication to replicate data to other database.
- Standby database to have second duplicate backup database. But second database can't use for normal operation.
- Paralled server to have few instances to maintance data in distribute environment.
Hope this is helping.
Re: need to maintain consistency of data [message #70523 is a reply to message #70497] Tue, 25 June 2002 07:25 Go to previous message
Grant
Export will do it with the QUERY option and only if you have an insert_date or update_date to query on or some other way to determine if the records are new or changed.

One way would be to put an error routine in your application and create a NOT_LOADED table and put the records in there if they fail to load. When the DB comes back up it should check that table automatically and load those records and truncate NOT_LOADED.

You can also use a STANDBY database which does all that automatically. This may be the better way and is supported by Oracle.
Previous Topic: Recovering database
Next Topic: Problem in loading the data file into a table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:46:19 CDT 2024