Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ?
How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ? [message #70692] Mon, 15 July 2002 06:41 Go to next message
noel
Hello,

I'm trying to find a friendly way (user oriented) to create an Oracle table with datas coming an Excel file.
(I would like to avoid a first export to Notepad, then a load to Oracle using UTL_FILE package, but don't see any other solution at the moment !).

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ? [message #70694 is a reply to message #70692] Mon, 15 July 2002 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
create csv or tab delmited or just a text file from excel and u can use sql*loader to load the data
Re: How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ? [message #70757 is a reply to message #70692] Sat, 20 July 2002 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil bhola
for this first you have to create a DSN the first Import data from Excel to Access and then Export data from Access to Oracle using Export/Import command in Access
Re: How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ? [message #70762 is a reply to message #70692] Sun, 21 July 2002 20:11 Go to previous message
sunil bhola
Create a Document/File in Excel => Save it in the default type “SAVE AS TYPE” in Excel format=> Open MS Access=> Get External Data => Import => Choose Microsoft Excel from the FILE OF TYPE => Choose the File which you want to Import=> Follow each steps of Import Spreadsheet Wizard => Must Check the box for FIRST ROW CONTAINS COLUMN HEADING=> After all click on FINISH => File => Save as/Export => select “TO AN EXTERNAL FILE OR DATABASE => select ODBC Database from SAVE AS TYPE => Type the new name of table if you want to do so => ok => select the DSN i.e. SUNIL from the box => ok => enter the PASSWORD of user =>ok

hope it will help you
Previous Topic: urgent
Next Topic: How to use a Query in the Export utility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 15:31:10 CDT 2024