Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Import dmp file
Import dmp file [message #70707] Tue, 16 July 2002 07:00 Go to next message
Jeff
I am using personnel oracle 8i installed on my PC. The os is W2k professional. I have a dmp file I loaded using the imp command and SYSTEM/manager. It loaded everything into the database, but I can not do any selects (table or view does not exist error) using the username and password I have setup. I can log into the database with SQL Plus using the username and password I have setup. The only way I can do selects is with SYSTEM/manager.

Thanks
Re: Import dmp file [message #70711 is a reply to message #70707] Tue, 16 July 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant
You have to do an import like this:

imp system/manager fromuser=schema1 touser=schema2 ...

where schema1 is the schema in the export file and schema2 is the one you created. If you didn't it may have created them where you didn't expect. Do a "select username from dba_users;". Then try a "select owner,object_name,object_type from dba_objects where owner not in ('SYS') order by owner,object_type;". This will give you an idea on where they went.
Re: Import dmp file [message #70884 is a reply to message #70707] Wed, 07 August 2002 09:01 Go to previous message
Aaron
You created the table on the system users schema if you want to be able to select on this that you must grant the select privelage to your created user on the table.

GRANT select on
TO <user>

i do believe that would solve your selection problem
or you can just do as Grant suggests as well.
Previous Topic: Re: FREE OCP PAPERS
Next Topic: Re: Error : EXP-00056 from Oracle8.1.7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:40:46 CDT 2024