Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Help in backup recovery ...
Help in backup recovery ... [message #70712] Tue, 16 July 2002 17:42 Go to next message
Xena
if my server is crash and i dont know from where the data is lost how do i find from where and which data is being lost ....? how can i find from redologs ...? and how to back it up if my data base in archive log mode ...!!
Re: Help in backup recovery ... [message #70713 is a reply to message #70712] Tue, 16 July 2002 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seng
try to look on V$RECOVER view. For collapse data file please check V$RECOVER_FILE.

For archive log mode, you are able to backup online from time to time. you can backup on datafile or tablespace level. But most of time, i will keep the whole base backup for whole database.

to restore back, you need copy backup of effected datafile and archived log file.

Note: if any lose in archived log file will allow to restore until before the lost copy of archived log file and cause the losing data. So backup datafile and archived log file are very important to restore back to normal. Hope this is helping.
Re: Help in backup recovery ... [message #70721 is a reply to message #70712] Wed, 17 July 2002 09:09 Go to previous message
André ALIMBA
See Oracle Documentation :
doc/server.817/a76993/backupst.htm#431746
doc/server.817/a76993/osbackup.htm

To list datafiles, online redo logs, and control files:
1. Start SQL*Plus and query V$DATAFILE to obtain a list of datafiles:
2. SELECT name FROM v$datafile;

You can also join the V$TABLESPACE and V$DATAFILE views to obtain a listing of datafiles along with their associated tablespaces:

SELECT t.name "Tablespace", f.name "Datafile"
FROM v$tablespace t, v$datafile f
WHERE t.ts# = f.ts#
ORDER BY t.name;

2. Obtain the filenames of online redo log files by using the V$LOGFILE view. For example, issue this query:
3. SELECT member FROM v$logfile;
4. MEMBER

3. Obtain the filenames of the current control files using the CONTROL_FILES parameter. For example, issue this query:
4. SELECT value FROM v$parameter
5. WHERE name = 'control_files';

To make a consistent whole database backup:
1. If the database is open, use SQL*Plus to shut down the database with the NORMAL, IMMEDIATE, or TRANSACTIONAL options:
2. SHUTDOWN NORMAL
3. SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
4. SHUTDOWN TRANSACTIONAL
5. Do not make a whole database backup when the instance is aborted or stopped because of a failure. Reopen the database and shut it down cleanly first.
2. Use operating system commands or a backup utility to make backups of all datafiles and all control files specified by the CONTROL_FILES parameter of the initialization parameter file. Also back up the initialization parameter file and other Oracle product initialization files. To find them, do a search for *.ora starting in your Oracle home directory and recursively search all of its subdirectories.

Note:
If you are forced to perform a restore operation, you must restore the control files to all locations specified in the parameter file. Consequently, it is better to make copies of each multiplexed control file--even if the control files are identical--to avoid problems at restore time.

4. For example, you might back up the datafiles and control files in the /disk1/oracle/dbs directory to /disk2/backup as follows:
5. % cp /disk1/oracle/dbs/*.dbf /disk2/backup
6. % cp /disk1/oracle/dbs/*.cf /disk2/backup
3. Restart the database
4. STARTUP

Merci ...Bonne Chance...
André ALIMBA
BEAC
Previous Topic: IMP-00010: not a valid export file, header failed verification
Next Topic: Re: Veritas Oracle Agent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 10:55:31 CDT 2024