Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » urgent
urgent [message #70747] Fri, 19 July 2002 21:26 Go to next message
akularaju
Hi,
how to export Data from MS_Acess database to Oracle Database table?
thanx
Re: urgent [message #70751 is a reply to message #70747] Sat, 20 July 2002 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil bhola
give me a day i will give you this with each and every steps. B'coz write now i don't have oracle installed on my pc
Re: urgent [message #70761 is a reply to message #70747] Sun, 21 July 2002 19:35 Go to previous message
sunil bhola
Importing to Access from Oracle

Open Access => Blank Database => Save it => File => Get External Data => Import => Choose ODBC Database from the FILE OF TYPE => It will ask for DSN NAME =>click on New => Oracle ODBC Drivers=>Type the name i.e. Sunil =>type user name in User name box =>Ok => Select the DSN Name i.e. Sunil=>ok=> type the password in Password box=>Ok =>it will display all the tables of the selected user name=>select table according to requirement=> ok=>it will import into the Access

Importing from Access to Oracle

Create a Blank table in Access frist if not exists=>File => Save as/Export => select “TO AN EXTERNAL FILE OR DATABASE => select ODBC Database from SAVE AS TYPE => Type the new name of table if you want to do so => ok => select the DSN i.e. SUNIL from the box => ok => enter the PASSWORD of user =>ok

Open ORACLE & logon to the user i.e The user who’s name is type in the DSN and get all the tables by executing the following

Select table_name from user_tables;

In Oracle the table name will be case senstive so type the table name in quotas

i.e. select *from “Table1”;

Improting from Excel to Oracle

Create a Document/File in Excel => Save it in the default type “SAVE AS TYPE” in Excel format=> Open MS Access=> Get External Data => Import => Choose Microsoft Excel from the FILE OF TYPE => Choose the File which you want to Import=> Follow each steps of Import Spreadsheet Wizard => Must Check the box for FIRST ROW CONTAINS COLUMN HEADING=> After all click on FINISH => File => Save as/Export => select “TO AN EXTERNAL FILE OR DATABASE => select ODBC Database from SAVE AS TYPE => Type the new name of table if you want to do so => ok => select the DSN i.e. SUNIL from the box => ok => enter the PASSWORD of user =>ok
Previous Topic: oracle
Next Topic: How to export an Excel file to an Oracle table ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 19:43:37 CDT 2024