Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » error 1053 in starting the database service of oracle !
error 1053 in starting the database service of oracle ! [message #70962] Mon, 19 August 2002 21:31 Go to next message
Yogeeta
hi !

i m working on windows 2000, initially i installed oracle 8i database and forms on my machine and it was working absolutely fine, then fews days after i installed reports and since then i m unable to connect to my database, it cannot start the 'oracleserviceyog' where 'yog' is the name of database it starts automatically earlier but when it keep on giving the status of starting after the installation of reports i change it mannualy and try to start but after some time it gives error 1053 : the service could not start in timely fashion, i ahve also checked the service manager log event and it shows error at some places, like in server, dhcp and database. I haev tried to stop all services and just to start database but it failed everytime. it was suggested in one of the replies related to that this error that when the service did not respond in 3 min time this error comes but in my case this error came in less then 3 min's time.

please help me at the earliest.
thanks in advance !
yogeeta
Re: error 1053 in starting the database service of oracle ! [message #70963 is a reply to message #70962] Mon, 19 August 2002 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Le Ngoc Linh
Hi,
You select control panel/administration tool/service
and then select oraserviceyog, you can select manual to start, and insert to start parameter:
omsctl start oms
at last press start button.
Good luck.
Re: error 1053 in starting the database service of oracle ! [message #70975 is a reply to message #70962] Tue, 20 August 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogeeta
i have tried this and this has wored but when the next day i opened my system the same problem do i have to start this particular service daily by writing 'omsctl start oms' in start parameter. is there not any permanent soln
pls suggest
thanks in advance
Re: error 1053 in starting the database service of oracle ! [message #71706 is a reply to message #70962] Wed, 25 December 2002 02:30 Go to previous message
Sosa
Hi, I met the same error as Yogeeta has met when I used Oracle as my Jsp program's database server. So I select manual to start, and insert to start parameter:
omsctl start oms
at last press start button. It showed as if the server has correctly start,but when I try to connect to the database, it print: oracle not available. The .conf file is all right. How can I do? Thanks
Previous Topic: restoring incremental backups
Next Topic: SQL Loading : Constant NULL clause
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 12:55:12 CDT 2024