Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Removing Duplicate tables in same table space having same owner
Removing Duplicate tables in same table space having same owner [message #70986] Fri, 23 August 2002 04:36 Go to next message
prashant
hi,

I am working on Oracle 8i server. i had a database on MS Access 2000. I exported the data alongwith the structure into SQL server 2000, and from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 8i server.

There were 42 tables in my database. Now when i execute a select query on any of the table, it says
table or object does not exists.

i then created a script file and executed on the server. the script file contained query to create all those 42 tables which i had exported.

now my database is showing 84 tables. each table is duplicated. all the tables have a name one with small letters (itemmaster) and one with caps on (ITEMMASTER). both have same table space name and same owner. i want to delete the one which was created using the export feature of sql server.

please help me out .....

Prashant Malik
Re: Removing Duplicate tables in same table space having same owner [message #70987 is a reply to message #70986] Fri, 23 August 2002 04:46 Go to previous message
Grant
It creates them as case sensitive in Oracle. To delete the lower case tables put them in quotes.

drop table "emp";
Previous Topic: FREE OCP PAPERS
Next Topic: RENABLE DISABLED_CONSTRAINTS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 03:17:08 CDT 2024