Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Checking Values before Loading through sql loader
Checking Values before Loading through sql loader [message #70998] Mon, 26 August 2002 02:48 Go to next message
Arfat
I am having a date column called dt.
I am getting my data file in which i am getting invalid date in the format 99999999 or 0 or just blank space. In this how will i check for all three case and store the value as blank in my date column.
Plz help me out
Change the file before you load it [message #70999 is a reply to message #70998] Mon, 26 August 2002 04:49 Go to previous message
Eric Myers
If load time is a consideration then the following is applicable for you - if amount of time to load is not an issue then disregard this.

Don't know the syntax to do that, but I do want to point out that such decision making done during the load will have significant impact on performance. Will also
force you to use conventional path loading - i.e., you can't use direct path loading which is much faster.

I would recommend you check the data before it goes into the file and change it [[using a program]] before you use the file as input to SQL*Loader.
Previous Topic: How do you backup an Oracle proprietary database
Next Topic: remote client and sql loader
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:33:34 CDT 2024