Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Oracle Service not working!!!
Oracle Service not working!!! [message #71009] Mon, 26 August 2002 21:00 Go to next message
sahaslad
Hi,
I have installed Oracle 8.1.6 on a WinXP Professional machine.
The problem is with the Oracle Service which is not running i.e it says as Starting but doesnt start after waiting for a long time also it gives error stating The Service could not be started in a timely fashion if done manually also.
I cam to know this when going to the Services from the Control Panel and checking the Services. All Services related to Oracle works fine but not the one which is called as OracleService<Database name> doesnt work.

Is it the WinXP Problem.
Anybody has some idea........

Thanks
Re: Oracle Service not working!!! [message #71010 is a reply to message #71009] Mon, 26 August 2002 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yogeeta
Hi,
i have myself faced this problem the only difference is that i was working on winidows 2000. it might work in ur case also.

You select control panel/administration then tool/service
and then select oraservice of ur databasename, you can select manual to start, and insert to start parameter:
omsctl start oms
at last press start button.
Good luck.
Re: Oracle Service not working!!! [message #71012 is a reply to message #71009] Mon, 26 August 2002 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sahaslad
Hi,
I tried the start parameter as what u told but it didnt worked.
I got the Err as:
Could not start the OracleServiceTEST service on Local Computer.
The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service error.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Waiting for your Reply
Sahas
Re: Oracle Service not working!!! [message #71154 is a reply to message #71012] Mon, 16 September 2002 07:48 Go to previous message
srikanth
use oradim n try editing the services n stopping it n starting it again.this should work out

srikanth
Previous Topic: Re: ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
Next Topic: Re: Data imgration from MS SQL server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 14:27:22 CDT 2024