Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Sqlload from client machine to server machine
Sqlload from client machine to server machine [message #71051] Mon, 02 September 2002 23:14 Go to next message
Shantharam Lal J.M.
Hi,

I have the data files in pipe separated format and the respective 'ctl' files in one machine say "Client Machine". Oracle client is installed in this machine

Oracle Server is installed and a database is created in the other machine say "Database Server Machine".

A listner setup is done to the database created. This database has the table structure as per the ctl files in the "Client Machine"

Also a Tnsnames setup is done in "Client Machine"

Verified the tnssetup by executing the tnsping command.

Now tell me how can i use the SQL load facility to load the pipeseparated data which is located in the "Client Machine" into the Database in the "Database Server Machine"

Thanking you

Sincerely
Lal

Assumptions:
The Operating System in both the mahiness are same and has the same version of oracle client and server.
Re: Sqlload from client machine to server machine [message #71052 is a reply to message #71051] Mon, 02 September 2002 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manoj
i had this same scenario before a few months age, and i did the task by using ORACLE LOADER, it loaded 'csv' files and 'ctl' files into the server by using oracle loader.

Manoj
Re: Sqlload from client machine to server machine [message #71054 is a reply to message #71051] Tue, 03 September 2002 02:26 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
oracle loader and sql*loader are the same.
you can still use the pipe delimted files, or convert them into csv...
just make sure u use

seperated by '|'

in your control file.
look into oracle utilities manual for more information about sql*loader.,
Previous Topic: Import txt file to Oracle SQL* Plus
Next Topic: Oracle error message when running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 16:35:25 CDT 2024