Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Help! Accidental datafile addition to TEMP tablespace
Help! Accidental datafile addition to TEMP tablespace [message #71065] Wed, 04 September 2002 13:35 Go to next message
sheela
Hi,
I accidently added a second datafile to the TEMP tablespace. It already had a datafile of size 100Megs and I added one more (400 megs) accidently. I realized I don't need this after few minutes and then I took it offline(not a busy database). Now in DBA Studio it says "Offline(need recovery)" for that new datafile I added. How can I remove this from the list of datafiles? Is it going to affect my database? Help ASAP.
Thanks
Tony
Re: Help! Accidental datafile addition to TEMP tablespace [message #71067 is a reply to message #71065] Wed, 04 September 2002 19:17 Go to previous message
sunil bhola
you cann't delete the datafile from the tablespace, but one thing that you can do is

delete the tablespace and then recreate the tablespace again, because you are using the temporary tablespace, so there will be no harm

Thanks
Previous Topic: Oracle error message when running
Next Topic: I have a problem with my loggin in SQL PLUS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 21:40:45 CDT 2024