Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » copy users using imp/exp (constraints/triggers question)
copy users using imp/exp (constraints/triggers question) [message #71104] Mon, 09 September 2002 06:38 Go to next message
coniote
Hi,
I need to create several users in my database, each of them having an independent copy of the tables (for load testing pourposes).
I have no problem doing an import using FROMUSER/TOUSER to copy the tables with different owners, but the triggers/constraints are not created issuing an already exists error.
An other detail is that some validation tables are common to all users.

So my question is, are the triggers universal to all users if created without username.table_name just table_name?.

If not, is there a way to do what i'm trying to do?

Thanks.
Re: copy users using imp/exp (constraints/triggers question) [message #71113 is a reply to message #71104] Wed, 11 September 2002 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil bhola
Do one thing

use IGNORE=Y while importing the database
Re: copy users using imp/exp (constraints/triggers question) [message #71127 is a reply to message #71113] Wed, 11 September 2002 11:16 Go to previous message
coniote
Sorry, probably i didn't explain my self well...
My REAL question is, if two users with the same table, like user1.table and user2.table can share a constraint because when i do the import, the tables are set to the TOUSER owner but the constraints don't, instead they are reyected saying that they allready exist, even thought one could create the same constraint with the same name under a different owner.

Thanx.
Previous Topic: Creating database...Urgent
Next Topic: indexes or tablescan
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:34:40 CDT 2024