Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL Loader,Cann't open control
SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71107] Tue, 10 September 2002 08:58 Go to next message
Mal
I have oracle server 8.1.7 on WINNT 4 SP 6a and attempting to do sql load practice runs. Having made a .ctl file and stored it in location 'd:oracleora81databasetest.ctl' on notepad, with data to be loaded within; when invoke sqlldr it gives an error and says it cann't open the control file.
Any suggestions .
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71108 is a reply to message #71107] Tue, 10 September 2002 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
its issue with the path.
try to invoke sqlldr from the directory where u have your ctl file.
also have your datafile in the same directory
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71110 is a reply to message #71107] Tue, 10 September 2002 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mal
Thanks Rajendran but lemme explain the whole thing.I am keeping this practice run as simple as i can.
--I log in as internal and make a table test with onw column SNo Number(4).Verify its description.
--I make a sslldr control file which reads as follows:
load data
infile *
into table test
(SNO)
BEGINDATA
--then i go to command prompt(WINNT 4) and invoke by :
sqlldr userid=internal/pwd control='d:oracleora81databasetest.ctl
--now i made this controlfile in notepad and saved it in the path mentioned above.Wheni see its properties its name is "test.ctl" butits type is "text document" and "MS DOS NAME " also has ".Txt " extension.
When i invoke sqlldr i get the following error:
SQL*Loader-500:unable to open file <d:oracle.....>
...........553:file not found
...........509:system error:the system cannt find the file specified.

I hope i have not made the description very lengthy and complicated.
Any guidance please.
Mal
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71114 is a reply to message #71107] Wed, 11 September 2002 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keith
Looks like your control file is called test.ctl.txt, so sqlldr can't find it.

Go to Windows Explorer -> Tools -> Folder Options: on the View tab, there should be an option 'Hide Extensions For Known File Types' - uncheck this. (This is on Win XP, but it'll be something similar on NT)

You should now be able to see the full name of your control file including the .txt extension, so rename it to test.ctl

Let me know if this works.

keith
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71122 is a reply to message #71114] Wed, 11 September 2002 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mal
Thanks Keith.I just did as you posted.I created the test.ctl successfully.Now when i am invoking sqlldr by having data within the .ctl or as a separate datafile i encounter a new error which is :
SQL*LOADER-704:internal error:ulmtsyn:ocistmtexecute(tabhp) [[1403]]
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Its like banging my head with an Oracle wall...:)will appreciate comments.
Thanks again
Mal
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71126 is a reply to message #71122] Wed, 11 September 2002 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Thats messy~
look in the alert files and trace files for any more dumped errors.
if nothing is there,
re-run the catalog.sql.
Re: SQL Loader,Cann't open control [message #71130 is a reply to message #71107] Wed, 11 September 2002 22:34 Go to previous message
Mal
Rajendran You are the man:). I reran catalog.sql. Ran well.And There ain't no more of Oracle wall i banged my head with....The load went through.I thank you for the support you are providing on the forum.Keep the good work up.
Previous Topic: indexes or tablescan
Next Topic: migration(urgent)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:53:49 CDT 2024