Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » export/import
export/import [message #71152] Mon, 16 September 2002 04:26 Go to next message
srikanth
Hi,
I just tried out exporting the database and after it had stored the config in a .dmp file,i tried to edit this file.Basically i wanted to shift my database to a new drive and hence i did that.But even a slight single letter change in the file returns some "Character set error".Any suggestions on this

Generic Question: How do u migrate ur database from one drive to another wother than manually movin' the oracle directory ??
Re: export/import [message #71155 is a reply to message #71152] Mon, 16 September 2002 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gudu Software
Try Easydump for Oracle at
http://www.wangz.net,it can help you impor/export
automatically
Re: export/import [message #71162 is a reply to message #71155] Wed, 18 September 2002 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gudu Software
what does destination directory means?
Is it means destination tablespaces?
Re: export/import [message #71164 is a reply to message #71152] Wed, 18 September 2002 02:40 Go to previous message
srikanth
Hi,
see i have my oracle folder ic "C" drive and just want to move it to some other drive.I tried this with backing up the controlfile ,manually moving the folder and then changing the registry etc.. and could do this.i want to know how do i achieve this with exp/imp.
its just a migration from one drive to another on the same m/c.
i did a full database exp n then tried changing the drive letter in the ".dmp" file and encountered "Character set error".plz help me in this

thanx in advance
srikanth
Previous Topic: Re: SQL*LOADER-704 error
Next Topic: Re: ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 08:01:00 CDT 2024