Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » URGENT: upgrade VB application to oracle 8i from 7
URGENT: upgrade VB application to oracle 8i from 7 [message #71345] Fri, 18 October 2002 12:57 Go to next message
Jaladhar N.
Hi,
I am jaladhar. I have a strage situation and a common problem.
I have in my old system(WIN 95) a VB.5 application working against an oracle 7 database. Now I want to upgrade the whole application+database to a new windows NT system with Oracle 8i. I was successful in migrating the database to oracle 8i using Imp/Exp utility. But the problem is migrating the application.

Let me tell you what I tried for that. I copied all the files and folders related to the Application to the new system. Then I changed the .dsn file initialization in the Applications .ini file to another file which i created to connect to the present database. I tested the .dsn file for connectivity with the ODBC Connectivity test.

Then I tried to connect and it gives me the most annoying error message I ever had.

#40002 IM006: [[Microsoft]][[ODBC Driver Manager]] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed.

I dont know what I have to do. I know that its not the oracle version conflict problem.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT TO CLEAR THIS ERROR. I AM IN DESPERATE SITUATION.

Thanking you in advance. :)
Jaladhar
Re: URGENT: upgrade VB application to oracle 8i from 7 [message #71349 is a reply to message #71345] Mon, 21 October 2002 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
Just install the ODBC driver for Oracle ...

Go to control panel and DATABASES sources ( ODBC )

install it and configure it ... should work now...
Re: URGENT: upgrade VB application to oracle 8i from 7 [message #71611 is a reply to message #71345] Tue, 03 December 2002 02:53 Go to previous message
Jorma Raatikainen
I had a similar problem. My environment is "old" Windows NT, VisualBasic 5 + ODBC and Oracle 7.3.4 in Unix changing to Oracle 8.1.7
I installed new ODBC driver and Oracle Client(ao. Net8 Assistant).

Problem 1.
Net8 connection was working but Oracle's ODBC-drivers "test connection" did not.
Error: SQLState=08004
[[Oracle]][[ODBC]](Ora)ORA-12154: TNS: palvelun nimeä ei voitu selvittää. (text in Finnish) and
SQLState=01000
The driver returned invalid(or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 03 52

After researches I updated Microsoft Data Access Component to version 2.7. ODBC's test connection started working.

Problem 2.
My application program did not work. Message was
40002 IM006: [[Microsoft]][[ODBC Driver Manager]] Driver's SQLSetConnectionAttr failed

As a last trial I tested with my old Sql*Net Easy Configuration + ODBC Driver Oracle73 ver2.5. Everything was working as it should be.

You Jaladhar have surely solved yout problem. But for others: Keep your old drivers!

Jorma Raatikainen from Finland
Previous Topic: convert .dmp files to dbf files
Next Topic: Urgent! transfer excel table into Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 12:54:51 CDT 2024