Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » pretty urgent
pretty urgent [message #71491] Tue, 12 November 2002 10:38 Go to next message
srikanth
Hi ,
>
> I have two databases consistent with each other till a point of time and suppose on one database
> some updates have occured.I have the online and archived redo logs with me.Is it possible to
> replay these logs on the other database n update it.IF yes,plz tell me the steps for it n what
> abt the update size (i mean suppose if a lot of updates have occured but all have been recorded
> on the online/archived redo logs can the other database be updated with the complete info).
>
ANything other than export/import ????
> Thanx a lot
>
> Srikanth
Re: pretty urgent [message #71496 is a reply to message #71491] Thu, 14 November 2002 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
B
No U can't use redo log.

Just run Ur batch on ur databse.
or
create a B link and update tables where rows are differents.
or
use exp/imp tech
Re: pretty urgent [message #71500 is a reply to message #71496] Thu, 14 November 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srikanth
HI,
I didn't get that batch file idea properly.Anyway but i guess u have some command "recover database until TIME some_time" whats that.i have both my online and archived logs .I tried that one and on one occasion could get three users recovered but on the other occasion couldn't recover the database itself.ALso during online backup we specify "alter database backup controlfile to some_file" and while recovering,we specify "recover database using backup controlfile" and also specify "alter system archive log all".Any comments on these commands.Plz do clarify me abt this.I am totally confused.
Re: pretty urgent [message #71505 is a reply to message #71496] Fri, 15 November 2002 04:03 Go to previous message
B
U can not apply archived log to another DB. ( unless it's a STAND BY DB )

All U can do is:
Destroy the unwanted DB
Restore wanted database instead of unwanted DB
Apply Archived log

-There is no command to recover a specific user.. don' t understant what U mean by "recovered 3 users".

-All datafiles must be coherent

-Alter database control file to trace
create a new statement for recreation of control file
Use this command to genere a new control file. Use it when U create a new DB ( starting from a backup ),and the datafiles doesn't have the same location or if U want to change db_name.

-recover database using backup controlfile
means that U have recreated the CTL with the command above. ref of datafile or db_name in SYSTEM datafile doesn't matching CTL.

-alter system archive log all
force archiving of redo that aren't archiving.
Previous Topic: concatenating the values
Next Topic: Listener Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 00:50:33 CDT 2024