Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Win 2000 and SQL Loader batch files
Win 2000 and SQL Loader batch files [message #71614] Tue, 03 December 2002 09:34 Go to next message
Cindy Lange
I have several sql loads that I need to run daily. I created control files and batch files and I can get each of the batch files to go off on a schedule.
Here's the content of my invoicesummary.bat:

USERID=door1/******@myserver control=c:InFilesinvoicesummary.ctl log=c:InFilesinvoicesummary.log

And here's the content of my invoicedetail.bat:

USERID=door1/******@myserver control=c:InFilesinvoicedetail.ctl log=c:InFilesinvoicedetail.log

What I want to do is create one big batch file that will invoke sql loader and then wait for it to complete before invoking it again. So the invoicesummary table is loaded, and then invoicedetail, which has referential integrity constrains back to invoicesummary, doesn't start loading until the first load is complete. Currently I guess how long the first load will take and add a few minutes, then set the time for the second batch job after that time interval. This is not sat. I want a wait switch, and /w doesn't do it.

Any ideas?

TIA
Re: Win 2000 and SQL Loader batch files [message #71635 is a reply to message #71614] Fri, 06 December 2002 10:27 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
have u ever tried a single control file to load multiple tables from multiple files?
try something like this ( naturally this is sequential)
and there are many more methods to accomplish the same.
LOAD DATA    
INFILE 'parent.dat'    
INFILE 'child.dat'    
APPEND
INTO TABLE parenttable (.............)
INTO TABLE childtable  (.............)

Previous Topic: several hosts to sqlplus with only one connection??
Next Topic: Date concatination to export file name on windows NT/2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:17:58 CDT 2024