Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Can exp write into a log file which is already open
Can exp write into a log file which is already open [message #71750] Sat, 04 January 2003 10:50 Go to next message
Viswanath
I am using the oracle exp command to export the full schema of my database. I am ofcourse doing this from a pro*c program where in i already have a log file which is open and file handle available. Now i want exp command to write into the log file which i passed the name of the file as a parameter..For some reason it is not liking it and not writing into it. if i hardcode the file name it is accepting, but the point is i can do that cause the log file name is dynamically generated and i am passing the same to the exp command.

Can any body has any insights to offer...

if u think it is heavy for the week end...then relax guys...think over it and shoot me an email...i will really appreciate if some body can solve my problem

Thanks in advance
Venka
Re: Can exp write into a log file which is already open [message #71754 is a reply to message #71750] Mon, 06 January 2003 06:46 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
are u using any unix pipes?
Previous Topic: IMP abends with abnormal EOF and segmentation fault
Next Topic: Oracle Migration
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:44:58 CDT 2024