Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » How to do a FULL IMPORT from PROD to TEST?
How to do a FULL IMPORT from PROD to TEST? [message #71820] Thu, 16 January 2003 02:13 Go to next message
jayharper
I need to periodically refresh a test database from a full export dump file from our production system. As I understand it, doing an import appends data, so it is necessary to delete the contents first. There are hundreds of tables, and I'd like to be able to delete them all in one fell swoop rather than one by one. What is the best/easiest way to delete everything? And what would be the proper syntax for the import in order to fully re-populate our test database?

FYI, our instance consists of the following tablespaces:
SYSTEM, DATA, INDEX, RBS, USER, TOOLS

The dump file is a full export from DATA. I presume I will have to do the following steps:
1) delete all objects from DATA
2) import the dump file
3) rebuild the indexes

Also, we have TOAD, if that can be used to sumpliy anything. I find an option to rebuild the indexes, but nothing to delete everything in a tablespace.

THanks!
Re: How to do a FULL IMPORT from PROD to TEST? [message #71822 is a reply to message #71820] Thu, 16 January 2003 04:36 Go to previous message
Albert
Easiest way:

1. Drop user <name> cascade;
2. Import the dump file;

Indexes created automatically when imported tables
Previous Topic: trigger
Next Topic: How To ignoe MAX errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:01:08 CDT 2024