Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Exp slow with partitioned index
Exp slow with partitioned index [message #71992] Sun, 16 February 2003 11:28 Go to next message
Chris Mann
I hope this is not a newbie question as I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything which even talks about something like this problem I am having. I have been exporting information (using the exp utility) from a table in 8i using the where clause functionality to move the data into a test database. The where clause gets < 500 rows from a 40 million row table in less than 10 seconds when the table had no partitioned indexes (just the original regular one). However, now that a partitioned index has replaced the original index, the export was running for 30 minutes before I killed the process. The source database is using RULE mode, and I have heard that partioned indexes are not used with rule mode. So it seems as if the export is doing a full tablescan. I do not know the details of the 3rd parties source db to provide the details of the partitioned index.

Here is the parfile I am using:

USERID=user/passwd@db
FILE=big_tab_part.dmp
COMPRESS=Y
INDEXES=N
CONSTRAINTS=N
TRIGGERS=N
GRANTS=N
ROWS=Y
BUFFER=8000000
LOG=big_tab_part.log
FEEDBACK=1000
FULL=N
TABLES=big_table
WHERE="(c1,c2) IN (select t1.c3, t1.c4 from table1 t1, tabel2 t2 where t1.c1 = t2.c1)"

I need to get the export back down to seconds for such a small subset of data. Is there another option for exp I should be using? Do I need to specify which partition exp should be using? This problem just cropped up last week, so I do not have many details. Please provide your troubleshooting proceedures I should follow so I can go find out what is necessary to identify the problem.

Thanks in advance for help.
Re: Exp slow with partitioned index - disregard [message #72003 is a reply to message #71992] Tue, 18 February 2003 20:10 Go to previous message
Chris Mann
Please disregard. Customer environment issue.
Previous Topic: How to convert Oracle 8.1.6 to oracle8.1.7
Next Topic: Re: ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol adaptor error while running SVRMGRL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:26:50 CDT 2024