Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL*Loader Returns Error ORA-01461
SQL*Loader Returns Error ORA-01461 [message #72058] Thu, 27 February 2003 07:34 Go to next message
Howard Schisler
I'm using SQL*Loader to load a table with several CHAR columns. The last column in the table is type LONG. When I run the control file I get:

"ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column"

In the control file, all datatypes are CHAR, as they should be (in SQL*Loader you use type CHAR even if you are loading to a LONG column).

I am able to load a table whose only column is type LONG, but if I try to load the real table (CHARs + 1 LONG) I get the above error.

I am also using CONTINUEIF to look for the presence of an end-of-record marker; this is working fine. I do this because the logical record spans several physical records in the input file.

The input file is .CSV (comma-delimited, enclosed in quotes).

Do I need to specify MAXRECORDSIZE in the control file? And if so, where/how do I specify it? I've been unable to make it work.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Re: SQL*Loader Returns Error ORA-01461 [message #72063 is a reply to message #72058] Fri, 28 February 2003 07:20 Go to previous message
Howard Schisler
Problem has been resolved.

Solution: change the Oracle environment variable LONG from "80" to "20000" (20,000 is an example).
Previous Topic: Improving the performance of Oracle Import
Next Topic: Oracle (9i)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 19:31:53 CDT 2024