Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » to send an email
to send an email [message #72767] Thu, 16 October 2003 00:10 Go to next message
sha
Hi Marco,
The first step to send email has been executed.I mean initjvm.sql I am able to run this file, but in the second step when I want to load the java files using this statement at svrmgrl
$ORACLE_HOMEplsqljlib>loadjava -f -v -r -u sys/**** plsql.jar

I am getting the error under the dollar sign as
invalid character.Can u send me the right statement to be executed to loadjava files at svrmgr.
regards,
shastri
Re: to send an email [message #72771 is a reply to message #72767] Thu, 16 October 2003 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco
In Windows, if you to execute comands whithin svrmgrl you have to use '$' characters as first:
$loadjava -f -v -r -u sys/****
%ORACLE_HOME%plsqljlibplsql.jar

Try it, if you get error, report it exactly.

Thx

Marco
Re: to send an email [message #72772 is a reply to message #72771] Thu, 16 October 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sha
Hi,
I am still getting the same error.I executed as u mentioned, but still the same error as given below.

ORA-00911: invalid character
I am getting the above error exactly under the dollar sign.
regards,
shastri
Re: to send an email [message #72773 is a reply to message #72772] Thu, 16 October 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco
try to use '!' instead of '$':

!loadjava -f -v -r -u sys/****

I confused it whith sqlplus.
Sorry.
Re: to send an email [message #72775 is a reply to message #72773] Thu, 16 October 2003 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sha
Hi Marco,
When I executed as u said, I am getting the output given below.Is this the correct one?

loadjava: Usage: loadjava [[-definer]] [[-encoding encoding]] [[-force]] [[-grant grant
s]] [[-help]] [[-nousage]] [[-noverify]] [[-oci8]] [[-order]] [[-resolve]] [[-resolver resolve
r]] [[-schema schema]] [[-synonym]] [[-thin]] [[-tableschema schema]] [[-user user/passwor
d@database]] [[-verbose]] classes..jars..resources..properties...

regards,
shastri
Re: to send an email [message #72777 is a reply to message #72775] Thu, 16 October 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco
ok some option are not valid (-v??),I diddn't verify it:

!loadjava -u sys/****
Re: to send an email [message #72782 is a reply to message #72777] Fri, 17 October 2003 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sha
HI,
Still getting the same output when I execute the loadjava command at svrmgrl.

loadjava: Usage: loadjava [[-definer]] [[-encoding encoding]] [[-force]] [[-grant grant
s]] [[-help]] [[-nousage]] [[-noverify]] [[-oci8]] [[-order]] [[-resolve]] [[-resolver resolve
r]] [[-schema schema]] [[-synonym]] [[-thin]] [[-tableschema schema]] [[-user user/passwor
d@database]] [[-verbose]] classes..jars..resources..properties...

I dont know whether this output is correct or not.
Do let me know when I execute ,should I get the same output or something else?
regards,
shastri
Re: to send an email [message #72783 is a reply to message #72782] Fri, 17 October 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco
No this is not the correct output,You have to get no-output.
If you execute this

loadjava -u sys/****
(each rows on the same line)

and you get that error I think there are enviroment problems.
Re: to send an email [message #72784 is a reply to message #72782] Fri, 17 October 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco
If you get no errors verify inside db status java class:
select object_name, object_type,status from dba_objects where upper(object_type) like '%JAVA%' and status <> 'VALID';

no rows selected.

If there are invalid objects like
TCPConnection or 2455a90b_InternetAddress

rerun
loadjava -u sys/****
-resolve %ORACLE_HOME%plsqljlibplsql.jar

and verify again inside db.
Re: to send an email [message #72785 is a reply to message #72784] Fri, 17 October 2003 07:09 Go to previous message
sha
Hi Marco,
I got no row selected when I executed the above query.Should I configure smtp server or I have internet connection?Is that sufficient?I have the host name.Should I give that as the Email server name?Send me a sample program in detail if u dont mind.
regards,
shastri
Previous Topic: bypass trigger using sqlldr
Next Topic: Backup table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 16:20:19 CDT 2024