Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Open more than one Database
Open more than one Database [message #72781] Thu, 16 October 2003 21:15 Go to next message
Muhammad Shiraz
Dear,

Im using Oracle 8.1.7 databae. And I have created four database on it. I want to know that can i open & close four database at a time. Im using unixware OS.

Thanks
Re: Open more than one Database [message #72786 is a reply to message #72781] Fri, 17 October 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thiru
You mean you have created 4 different database instances on a Single server ? or do you mean you have created 4 tablespaces in a single database ?

You should be able to OPEN and operate the 4 databases at a time, provided you have configured enough shared memory and semaphores in Unix. Configure appropriate init.ora parameters(buffer cache,shared pool,processes etc) and Start the databases one by one(using ORACLE_SID=<SID>; svrmgrl>connect internal; startup) and see what happens. You can decrease the various instance parameters to accomodate all of them at once.

but again it depends on how much memory you have and your requirements etc.

-Thiru
Re: Open more than one Database [message #72821 is a reply to message #72786] Sat, 08 November 2003 00:21 Go to previous message
Muhammad Shiraz
Yes I mean i have created 4 different databases instances on a Single server.

So please tell me all step by step

Thanks
Previous Topic: With SQL Loader, how to get one concating field into a database column from a data file by combining
Next Topic: NT cold backups via "AT"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 31 18:56:38 CDT 2024