Home » Server Options » Replication » Oracle 9i - synchronizing 2 identical schemas
Oracle 9i - synchronizing 2 identical schemas [message #75616] Tue, 08 February 2005 07:32
infinity2heaven
Hi,

I have 2 schemas schema1, schema 2, both identical (of course diff data). In my web application (Struts based) I need to provide a page where in the user can select the tables from the schema 1 & click on "synchronize".

This should
1) synchronize data from schema 1 onto schema 2 after filtering out the actual rows from each table (This is done by checking a 'last published on" flag etc.. ).
2) Also sometimes the schema 2 might have a table with rows which are no longer in schema 1's corr table. In this case I need to delete the row in schema 2.
3) During synchronization I need to "stop" both the schemas from getting updated. (Probably by setting a flag on a dependency table)

Please can anyone provide pointers to proceed with an approach, design for the above requirements? pl note that I am using a web application with Struts framework along with Oracle 9i db.

Pointers like -
- Using Oracle Qs for the above.
- Stored Procedures
- Using Job, Scheduler etc ...
Previous Topic: URGENT!Please help .
Next Topic: Materialized Views with Mapping table option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:12 CDT 2024