Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Oracle Jinitiator + Java Applet + Internet Explorer + Problem in P4 machine !
Oracle Jinitiator + Java Applet + Internet Explorer + Problem in P4 machine ! [message #77397] Tue, 01 October 2002 03:33 Go to next message
BEL HAJ SGHAIER Ahmed
Good day,
I have a Java related problem in a P4 machine.
When, i am logging to this forum, i discovered that the problem origine is the (P4).
I will give my environnement :
- I have a Web Based Application which works in intranet.
- Server : Oracle 8i, Apache server
- Client : Internet Explorer
When i lanch the application for the first time, by entering the server URL, the server sends the Oracle Jinitiator to be installed at the client side.

On PIII machine, the Oracle Jinitiator 1.1.8.7 installation works fine and the IExplorer loads the Applet, and so no problem :))
On P4, the installation of Oracle Jinitiator 1.1.8.7, fails , with a message like this ("jrew.exe has caused a problem .....etc"), so the navigator can not load the Java Applet,and stops working.

When i close it and relanch it with the server URL, it auto stops (it closes itself)!!!! :((
I hope i have explained the problem and i hope find a solution as soon as possible !
Thanks for all !
Re: Oracle Jinitiator + Java Applet + Internet Explorer + Problem in P4 machine ! [message #77406 is a reply to message #77397] Wed, 11 December 2002 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John McQuay
We are seeing the same issue at our site.

Everything works fine on the PIII and lower clients, but Oracle dosent seem to like the P4's.
Re: Oracle Jinitiator + Java Applet + Internet Explorer + Problem in P4 machine ! [message #77409 is a reply to message #77397] Mon, 16 December 2002 23:30 Go to previous message
Shah
Just try to remark a file called symcjit.dll to symcjitx.dll.
Restart browser
Hopefully if works with your application
Previous Topic: Re; employment
Next Topic: Re: Web Db Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:05:26 CDT 2024