Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » character report printing Problem on WINNT
character report printing Problem on WINNT [message #88598] Mon, 02 December 2002 03:07 Go to next message
Mansoor Ali
Printer Used : EPSON LQ 2180 , EPSON LQ 1170
O/S : Windows 98, Windows NT (Server, Workststation)

We are facing a problem regarding character report printing. We have tested several options on different printers but the results are quiet strange. We are not sure whether its the problem of printer driver or does our oracle installation require a patch for it.

We have both Oracle Developer 6i Release 1 and Release 2 as fronted and Oracle 8i (8.1.7) release 3 at backend. The actual problem is , we are printing character based Report of size 11 x 5.5 on Line printer. When we print the pay slip through Windows NT WorkStation environment the report format gets distorted but when we print on Windows 98 it is quiet fine.

P.S I have noted one thing peculiar, when the printer is attached to Windows NT Workstation to its LPT port and we print from a Windows 98 client using the default PRT of Oracle the printout is fine as expected. We can control the pitch and font from the printer.(17 cpi and Draft Font)

When using Windows NT client and default PRT of Oracle the printout is not coming the same as desired and there is no control over the pitch and fonts through the printer itself.

The printer we are using are EPSON LQ 2180 , EPSON LQ 1170 and PRINTRONIX P5005B. One thing more that when we use EPSON LQ 2180 and EPSON LQ 1170 printers the result are quiet different from PRINTRONIX P5005B.

The Contents of prt file (dflt.prt) is following:
printer "dflt"
height 66
width 132
before report control(N)
after page control(L)
return control(M)
linefeed control(J)

We urgently need the solution.

Regards

Mansoor Ali
Re: character report printing Problem on WINNT [message #88712 is a reply to message #88598] Wed, 12 February 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bimal Shah
use before command, after command properties in D2K. apply escape sequence. e.g. to print 17 CPI,
open PRT file. add "condensed ON CHR(15)", "condensed OFF CHR(10)".
now in D2K properties write condensed ON, condensed OFF on a field.

Hope this will solve the problem.
Bimal
Re: character report printing Problem on WINNT [message #169165 is a reply to message #88712] Tue, 25 April 2006 09:10 Go to previous message
ALEMEL
WHERE SHOULD I WRITE CONDENSED ON and CONDENSED OFF ON A FIELD? Is it on after printer code and before printer code?

How can I apply escape sequence. e.g. to print 17 CPI?
Previous Topic: executing dos command from developper2000 reports
Next Topic: OFA Task Queue reversal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 30 10:32:38 CDT 2024