Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Multi Language Support
Multi Language Support [message #90921] Mon, 10 December 2001 01:30 Go to next message
shravan
Hi All,
We are building an web application in java. It must support all the languages. ie. The user can fill up his login profile in any language he likes. What should be done at the oracle level to achive this?
I have created all the tables with nvarchar2 and nchar data types instead of char and varchar2. And we are insert the data as follows "insert into demo values (N'shravan')" Here the table demo contains one column of nvarchar2 data type,. If i don't prefix N then it goves char mis match error. Is this correct way of doing it? If yes,
Till here its fine. But if we use prepared statement in java we get the same "char mis match error". We would like to use prepared statement. What is to be done here? I hope i made myself clear.

Thanks,
Shravan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Multi Language Support [message #91225 is a reply to message #90921] Wed, 05 June 2002 03:34 Go to previous message
PD
Have you resolved the problem yet, I have but only with 9i drivers, But i really need a solution for 8i, can you provide me with some links, resources, help etc...
Check the url:...
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=16&thread=261492
Previous Topic: Re: An other Problem while connecting Oracle with JDBC Thin Driver
Next Topic: Re: ORA-29516 Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:31:51 CDT 2024