Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » need help
need help [message #93120] Mon, 17 February 2003 12:49 Go to next message
pavani
hi
can anybody help me in knowing about NOLOGGING what it is? and where it is used?
and i want to know about tablespaces too so plz...help me

thanks in advance
Re: need help [message #93122 is a reply to message #93120] Tue, 18 February 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anjan saikia
NOLOGGING tells Oracle not to log when you create any Object ( such as Index )

Tablespace: A Database’s data is collectively stored in TS. A TS is a logical entity that corresponds to one or many physical DataFiles on disk. As part of db creation, Oracle creates tablespaces and associated datafiles. As the db gorws and more and more space is needed, the dba needs to create and add more datafiles. By default oracle creates the following TS: System, rollback segment, index, user, temp. sys Ts can’t be taken offline.
In addition to storing datafiles for tablespace on a file system, datafiles can be stored on row partition. A row partition is a partition of a physical disk that is accessed at the lowest possible level. I/O to a row partition offers approximately a 5% to 10% performance improvements than the file system partition. A row partition is created after generation of an extended partition and a logical partition and before applying any formatting. (thru nt d’admin).

· Definitely the Data of 10gb shouldnot be stored in one single data file.
· Tablespace size should be such that there is 40% free space in each tablespace.

Datafile : Datafile makes the physical repository for all the data in a db.

anjan
Re: need help [message #93193 is a reply to message #93120] Sat, 02 August 2003 00:51 Go to previous message
Shiv
No logging means if a transaction is happening the trasaction does not go thru a redo log files , By default its logging , we can do no logging when you want to transfer heap of data's from flat file , So that you can avoid making the transaction into the Redo logfiles .

Shiv
Previous Topic: Warehouse Builder delta file
Next Topic: Re: what are the objectives of datawarehousing as compared to other strategies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:29:51 CDT 2024