Home » Developer & Programmer » Application Express, ORDS & MOD_PLSQL » Playing around with tables in HTMLDB
Playing around with tables in HTMLDB [message #110353] Sun, 06 March 2005 11:41 Go to next message
dmelim
Hello everyone

i've been trying out htmldb and following some simple tutorials, and its v nice tool. But the example i followed had only one table and didn't imply primary keys with more than one field. This is precisely what i want to learn next. I made up this very simple example with two tables (TUsers and TMessages), for which a user can have several messages, kinda like an inbox. The fiels in TUsers are ID and Name, and for TMessages there's MsgID, ID(from TUser) and Message(The message itself).
My problem with HTMLDB is that i can't find where to define this situation. When i create a table in SQL Workshop it will only allow me to define one single primary key, and therefore the two tables will never be related.
Maybe there's a way to do this using SQL statements in SQL - Command Processor, don't know how to though.
Or maybe this is not the best aproach to the problem...
I'm working in a htmldb.oracle.com workspace btw

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions
Take care

Duarte Melim
Universidade do Minho Portugal
Re: Playing around with tables in HTMLDB [message #110356 is a reply to message #110353] Sun, 06 March 2005 16:33 Go to previous message
dmelim
ok i got it...
that was easy Embarassed
sorry
Previous Topic: plsql web toolkit checkboxes and
Next Topic: Prob install HTML_DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:32:22 CDT 2024