Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Pass parameters from one report to other
Pass parameters from one report to other [message #110641] Wed, 09 March 2005 06:34 Go to next message
hblatha
I am calling one report from other report, so i am using SRW.RUN_REPORT builtin.
1. I am passing Database columns from 1st report to 2nd report as parameters. I am not getting error...Both reports are working fine.
2. Now i want to pass value which is computed through formula column in 1st report as parameter to the 2nd report.I am getting Error as "Rep-0091 Invalid value for parameter <parameter name> "

So how to pass computed value from one report to other????
Report version is 2.5
Re: Pass parameters from one report to other [message #111367 is a reply to message #110641] Tue, 15 March 2005 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kalpana Srinivas
hi

create a parameter in called form (like pcntemp in my report).

in calling form write code on button like:
srw.run_report('report=d:\kalpana1\kemp destype=screen pdeptno='|| to_char(:deptno1)||' pcntemp='||:cf_1);

:cf_1 is the formula field.

here I'm attaching two reports based on emp and dept tables.
from kdept1.rdf, i'm calling kemp.rdf. in kdept1.rdf i calculated no. of employees of that particular dept.

let me know if you got your answer.

• Attachment: ksreps.zip
    (Size: 26.47KB, Downloaded 1532 times)
Re: Pass parameters from one report to other [message #111395 is a reply to message #111367] Wed, 16 March 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hblatha
hai,

No, i got error as 'Wrong number or types of arguments' in the first report so i modified as follows

original : srw.run_report('report=d:\kalpana1\kemp destype=screen pdeptno='|| to_char(:deptno1)||' pcntemp='||:cf_1);

modified as : srw.run_report('report=d:\kalpana1\kemp destype=screen pdeptno='|| to_char(:deptno1)||' pcntemp='||to_char(:cf_1)||'');

Now ur both the reports are working working fine....

I did the same thing in my reports
But i am getting error as 'Invalid value for the parameter pcntemp' when i press the button at runtime in the first report
Re: Pass parameters from one report to other [message #111489 is a reply to message #110641] Wed, 16 March 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kalpana Srinivas
hi

upload your reps. I'll check and mail you back.

Re: Pass parameters from one report to other [message #134989 is a reply to message #111367] Mon, 29 August 2005 05:55 Go to previous message
snigdha
How do i refer to the parmeters passed in the report. How do i get the value in the report for the passed paramlist

Previous Topic: Drill Down Reports in Developer 2000
Next Topic: Change a label dynamically in Oracle Reports?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 15:14:40 CDT 2024