Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle 9i character mode printing
Oracle 9i character mode printing [message #111763] Sat, 19 March 2005 09:03 Go to next message
TSN01

hi all,

i have developed my application in oracle 9i in windows 2000 environment. i want to print the reports in "character mode" on dot matrix printer.
how to do this ?.
i have given the runtime paratmeter as
Set_Report_Object(repid,Report_other,'mode=CHARACTER')
but it gives an error rep-1920 character mode runtime incompatible with DESFORMAT of PDF,HTML,HTMLCSS,RTF

i need to transfer the application into solaris 8i system. if the character mode printing is not available under windows environment is it possible to print the reports in character mode is the reports are in solaris system?

thanks for the help,

TSN

Re: oracle 9i character mode printing [message #111788 is a reply to message #111763] Sun, 20 March 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
TSN01 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 16:03

but it gives an error rep-1920 character mode runtime incompatible with DESFORMAT of PDF,HTML,HTMLCSS,RTF

The message is clear: PDF/HTML etc. make no sense in CHARACTER mode. You'll need to change the DESFORMAT to TXT or TEXT (I don't have Reports laying around but search for it in the help). You'll need a desformat that holds no information about the font...

MHE
oracle 9i report character mode printing [message #112101 is a reply to message #111763] Wed, 23 March 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TSN01

hi all,

i have developed my application in oracle 9i in windows 2000 environment. i want to print the reports in "character mode" on dot matrix printer.
how to do this ?.
i have given the runtime paratmeter as
Set_Report_Object(repid,Report_other,'mode=CHARACTER')

i need to transfer the application into solaris 8i system. if the character mode printing is not available under windows environment is it possible to print the reports in character mode is the reports are in solaris system?

thanks for the help,

TSN
Re: oracle 9i report character mode printing [message #112123 is a reply to message #112101] Wed, 23 March 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Why reposting the original question. I thought the answer was clear?

MHE
Re: oracle 9i report character mode printing [message #152226 is a reply to message #112123] Wed, 21 December 2005 15:17 Go to previous message
kakeez
I have the same error message however in beforereport trigger I am setting:

:MODE := 'DEFAULT'
:DESFORMAT :='PDF'

The idea is to allow the user to choose whether he wants the report output in pdf or in txt.

The error I see for when the user choses pdf is:

"Character mode runtime incompatible with DESFORMAT PDF'

However I am specifically setting :MODE to 'DEFAULT' and not 'CHARACTER'.
Previous Topic: Discoverer Plus Subquery capability
Next Topic: how to pass multiple user parameters - forms10g to reports10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 02:01:51 CDT 2024