Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Oracle monitoring tools
Oracle monitoring tools [message #113811] Wed, 30 January 2002 01:47 Go to next message
Robin Upcott
Does anyone (appart from sales people) have any recommendations on products to tune/monitor Oracle.
Especially in the MVS arena. Anything that knows about ORacle internals and MVS/USS would be ideal. I suspect that no such single product exists, so has anyone experience of mixing/matching ? e.g. Quest's spotlight with Candle's Omegamon or BMC patrol with Landmark's TMON
Re: Oracle monitoring tools [message #113815 is a reply to message #113811] Tue, 12 February 2002 05:46 Go to previous message
Gary Cline
My guys have been using a monitoring tool from Quest called of all things TOAD. It's PC based and provides a wealth of information regarding Oracle instance execution. It costs $2,500 for a single PC when you purchase the DBA option. They have a 30 day free trial of the base version.

: Does anyone (appart from sales people) have any recommendations on products to tune/monitor Oracle.
: Especially in the MVS arena. Anything that knows about ORacle internals and MVS/USS would be ideal. I suspect that no such single product exists, so has anyone experience of mixing/matching ? e.g. Quest's spotlight with Candle's Omegamon or BMC patrol with Landmark's TMON
Previous Topic: Connecting to Oracle instance on UNIX machine from MVS OS/390
Next Topic: Using MVS as a file server for a website
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 01:43:10 CDT 2024