Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Discoverer Viewer4i Logon Error invalid Applications GWYUID
Discoverer Viewer4i Logon Error invalid Applications GWYUID [message #128704] Wed, 20 July 2005 04:00 Go to next message
spenga
Hi,

When trying to logon to Disco Viewer I get the following error:

Authentication Failed.
(Unable to connect, possibly due to an invalid Applications GWYUID setting. Please contact your administrator.)

Using (Oracle 9i/AS)

I am using the same username/pwd and database and can connect to Disco Plus with no problems.

Has anyone seen this before - and can they advise on possible causes and solutions.

Cheers

Gary

Re: Discoverer Viewer4i Logon Error invalid Applications GWYUID [message #134390 is a reply to message #128704] Wed, 24 August 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab12
Looks like your connection settings for Gateway User Id got changes.

To fix it open Discoverer
Don't enter any username and password cancel out of that window.
Then goto Tools >> Options
Under options goto Connections Tab and enter the correct Gateway UserID/password. Also enter the correct foundation name.

That should fix it.

I hope this help you.
Re: Discoverer Viewer4i Logon Error invalid Applications GWYUID [message #134672 is a reply to message #134390] Fri, 26 August 2005 02:04 Go to previous message
skooman
And furthermore: Discoverer is apparently configured to work with Oracle Applications, but in the EUL doesn't know the (mandatory) owner of the FND objects and its password. Usually, that the user APPS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: add parameter in report builder 6
Next Topic: how can i send print command from form to print a report?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:50:18 CDT 2024