Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Custom Price - From External DB
Custom Price - From External DB [message #132430] Fri, 12 August 2005 12:46 Go to next message
sdaigle
Hi,

we are currently implementing Oracle E-Business suite, and in the process of setting up pricing in the system. We have an extremely complex pricing structure at our company, and maintaining it inside of Oracle E-Business Suite would be almost impossible, well at least to maintain the data on a regular basis.

Anyway, we have a pricing module written in VB that we've been using for years that works very well for us that uses a MS SQL backend. I have a user-defined funtion on the SQL server that figures out the price of an item for a particular customer based on these four variables:

customer #
ship to #
item #
date

So, by calling a simple sql statement such as
select customPrice('CUSNO', 'SHIPNO', 'ITEM-NO', 20050712)
I can retreive the price. I have setup a database link inside of the Oracle DB, and I can successfully query and extract the correct price from the MS SQL system using SQL +.

Here's my question. We are licensed for advanced pricing... can we use the get_custom_price API and pass the customer #, ship to #, item# and the date parameters and have the API return the proper price to the Order Entry screen?

If not, I'm pretty sure that I could use the custom.pll to do that, but I'm not sure where to start looking for guidance. Has anyone ever attempted to use external pricing or modify the pricing using PL/SQL? Any links our there that I should be reading?

I've been working on this for quite some time, and I've hit a brick wall. If there's any help our there, I'd certainly appreciate a hand.

Thanks,

Shaun
Re: Custom Price - From External DB [message #220146 is a reply to message #132430] Mon, 19 February 2007 03:16 Go to previous message
abmian1981

www.angelfire.com/space/paper/paper/AW2003.doc

Download This Document Helpful for pricing setup

Regards
Ahmad Bilal
cell :- 92-321-4103322

[Updated on: Mon, 19 February 2007 03:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Oracel Applications descriptive flexfileds
Next Topic: Petty cash-AP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 17:16:10 CDT 2024