Home » Other » Training & Certification » PGDCRM from ICFAI is it worth  () 1 Vote
PGDCRM from ICFAI is it worth [message #139219] Mon, 26 September 2005 20:33 Go to next message
gurunath.naik@gmail.com

Hi,
i am planing to do Distance learning programme from ICFAI univrsity.They are offering PGDCRM which is for 1 year.I would like to know whether this course will be usefull in order to start an career in CRM.

Regards
GURU
Re: PGDCRM from ICFAI is it worth [message #139255 is a reply to message #139219] Tue, 27 September 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
hi brother

any course which is distance is not worth doing as a thumb rule even if it is offered by IIT, IIM.

There is more to learn in a regular MBA course from ICFAI

The Methodology of a regular MBA is as follows

Case Study, presentations, role plays, white paper submission, project work, industry visits, seminars, training workshops, guest lectures by industry experts, and interactions with some of the best brains as your peer group students and the last but not at all least the campus placements, the likes of TCS,Satyam,Wipro have come and picked guys from regular courses but not distance programs.

I think you got the bottom line .

Regards

Dushyant
Re: PGDCRM from ICFAI is it worth [message #140276 is a reply to message #139219] Mon, 03 October 2005 06:53 Go to previous message
Sutheesh T
Hi,

Whether the course would be useful or not depends on what you want to achieve by taking up the course.

1. What is your basic qualification?
2. Will doing CRM have any relation to it. (Will there be a continuation.)
3. Are you working now? Which Field are you working.
4. What is your idea of taking up the CRM course.
5. Who suggested you to do this?

Plan out dont be vague.

Answer the above questions to yourself andyou will find for yourself whether you needto do it or not.

Now comming to the benefits of distance learning program
1. You can learn things at leasure. You need not be bothered about attending classes
2. You can work simultaneously (study & Work both). Many times its working individuals who take up these programs. The CRM course helps them to move ahead in their career, get promotions , get insight into things that you did not know earlier.
3. having work experience helps you to understand what is being taught in the class better.

The drawbacks would be like
1. You cannot clear yourd oubts by raising your hands and asking a professor.
2.You missout the interaction that happens in the class. ( but if you are already in the industry you are already doing role playing etc).
3. Well, you wont get campus placements( if that means anything to you).

Hope so that my little knowledge would be useful to you.
Regards
Sutheesh

Previous Topic: Free Seminar on ORACLE 11i Apps DBA @ Q-Soft Bangalore
Next Topic: I've never used Oracle but would like to learn...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:45:29 CDT 2024