Home » Server Options » Replication » Using replication to keep a full and syncronized copy of a database?
icon5.gif  Using replication to keep a full and syncronized copy of a database? [message #142791] Mon, 17 October 2005 13:12 Go to next message
Andy35
Hi!

I'm quite new to the wonderful world of Oracle. Currently I have become involved in a project where we need to make sure our database doesn't get any performance issues due to running heavy reports. The scenario is that we have three Oracle 10g RAC in a cluster where a lot of information is written to 24/7. Currently the database hangs/stalls for about 30 min when running some of our critical reports. Of course, this is not acceptable. My approach has been to suggest a second database that is syncronized with our production database where all the reports are run on. Is my approach correct?

How would I make sure the second database is syncronized at all times?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Andy
Re: Using replication to keep a full and syncronized copy of a database? [message #142839 is a reply to message #142791] Mon, 17 October 2005 23:51 Go to previous message
Velu Natararaj
Hi,

You can get use of Oracle Advanced Replication/Streams to get
your report database synchronized with the primary one. But there will be some overhead when you use this type of replication on your production database. If your particular only on selected tables you want data should be synchronized then its best way to use Materialized view with time interval.

If you find any other better solution pls update me.

Best Regards,
Velu N
Previous Topic: Restarting replication after a network outage.
Next Topic: deftran queue in read only snapshot replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:38:14 CDT 2024